This article will cover the start up procedure for a petrol lawnmower.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The set-up procedure in getting your lawnmower started
- Ensuring the start cable is correctly tensioned on Hawksmoor machines.
The set-up procedure in getting your lawnmower started
Before starting the engine, it is imperative you have read and understood the manual, failure to do so could result in damage to the machine, injury to the user and could invalidate the warranty. It is important you understand the nature of the machine and its usage, taking in to account all safety information, including PPE, and use in confined spaces. Care should be taken with petrol machines as petrol is highly flammable.
- Check and confirm the lawnmower has the correct amount of SAE30 oil (or 30-weight equivalent) by checking the oil level is between the minimum and maximum marks on the dipstick.
- Make sure that there is plenty of petrol in the tank. We recommend using unleaded petrol that is no older than 30 days.
- If the engine has a primer bulb, please prime your engine by pressing the bulb 3 to 4 times.
- If your lawnmower does not have a primer bulb, please skip the previous step.
- Before starting the engine, pull your starter cord gently and hook it through the 'rope guide', a metal appendage half-way down your handles. The end of the pull cord should now be resting on it.
- Then, pull and hold in the start-stop lever and pull sharply on the pull cord 3 to 4 times. It may require a full tug using the whole body.